This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Racing Games
OPM’s client are an award-winning studio based in the UK. They are well known for their popular gaming titles based on world famous IP as well as their own original IP.
They are currently seeking a Technical Artist who can help overcome the challenges of creating amazing vehicles for their upcoming racing game.
- Assist all teams in building smart and modular content. Your knowledge will be the guide for the vehicle artists on the team, to get the best out of the engine by creating great looking optimised assets and shaders, developing, and maintaining art pipelines and processes and improving and automating workflows
- Help performance optimisation by defining standards and providing performance monitoring tools
- Report to the Technical Art Director and work with the Lead Vehicle Artist, Technical Directors and Art Directors to create implementation strategies.
- Work with the vehicle art team to identify recurring workflow challenges and join forces with the wider technical art team to find viable solutions
- Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and the skill to communicate with different audiences (artists, designers, engineers)
- Experience working on a multiple shipped titles on modern game engines such as Unreal, Unity or proprietary engines, included at least one AAA racing game on consoles
- Strong experience with what it takes to achieve high-quality vehicle visuals while following memory and performance targets
- Background profiling performance and memory within game engines
- Interesting in cutting edge vehicle visuals and for delivering quality (including industry trends and the wisdom to know when to use them) and a good understanding of current and next-gen vehicle art techniques
- In-depth understanding of 3D/2D art packages like Maya and Photoshop (Substance Suite and Houdini are a bonus but not required)
- Familiarity with common scripting languages like Python (C++ and C# are a bonus, but not required)
- Passion for lighting, shaders and physically based rendering
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!