Our client is one of the industry’s leading games studios, with a multitude of diverse IP’s across all platforms. Their award-winning business is now looking to expand.
They are constantly looking for the best talents in the industry, enthusiastic artists that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of creating some of the best games in the world.
They are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Technical Artist. You will be working together with the Art Director to develop the technical capabilities of the Art department and to ensure that all technical art requirements are met working and establishing workflow pipelines so the game simply looks spectacular!
- Working closely with other departments to establish project requirements, implementation and aesthetics
- Ensuring artistic vision can be maintained through asset creation that does not exceed technical limits with specific subjects of focus including but not limited to the following:
- Establishing technical limitations
- Tool building
- Workflow optimisation
- Asset optimisation
- Engine support
- Lighting solutions
- Shaders and materials
- Visual effects (VFX)
- Post process or screen space effects
- Creating or assisting in the creation of artwork to a high standard as per the specification laid out by the game design and or concept artwork
- Working with the lead artist and or production staff to create realistic and efficient schedule data.
- Ensure that work supports overall design direction.
- Maintaining a consistent art style throughout all produced work and the ability to adapt artistic style as and when required.
- Giving input on relevant design, programming or production issues and providing creative solutions
- Being involved in the clarification of and scheduling of production art tasks
- Being part of a team and actively taking part in discussions and meetings concerning game art both pro-actively and when requested to do so
- Troubleshooting and seeking solutions to art related problems and assisting or mentoring less experienced artists
- Helping to improve the quality of the content required for the studio, including but not limited to iterative play testing, reporting problems and addressing any quality shortfalls as requested.
- Excellent knowledge of one major 3D software packages (Maya preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of 2D creation software (Photoshop)
- Good knowledge of game engine workflows and an understanding of graphics rendering
- Strong scripting ability (e.g. Python)
- Proven track record of both artistic and technical creativity with a passion for solving problems
- Understanding of how to optimise games content for memory and performance
- Passion and drive to push visual quality or streamline workflows
- Experience in creating various game content
- A proactive communicator, willing to give and receive constructive feedback