Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Technical Artist – Brighton – Mobile Games
Location: Brighton, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
Our client is looking for a talented Technical Artist to join their new mobile team at their Brighton studio. You will have the opportunity to work within our highly talented and creative team on an exciting AAA mobile game. This will initially be on an 18 month fixed term contract.
- Passion for tools and pipelines with a focus on future areas and trends.
- Easy going attitude – being flexible with new ideas and most importantly open to direction and iteration.
- Ability to communicate and work with artists, coders & designers in a dynamic team environment.
- Willing to help others and ask for help where needed.
- Prepared to learn new tools during production.
- Proactive in sharing information and assets.
- A keen gamer and an appreciation of the visuals and user experience on all platforms from mobile to consoles.
- Ideally, you’ll have good demonstrable commercial experience, although we would consider 1st class degree graduates with outstanding portfolios.
- Excellent technical skills to manage assets that fit memory, design, and frame rate limitations.
- Expert knowledge in at least one of following areas: Modelling, Shaders / Materials, Animation and Vfx
- Excellent at both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Great working knowledge and proficiency in Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience at creating Custom Tools, Scripts and Shaders.
- They make AAA quality games that have to be intuitive and slick. You would need to be hungry to make them even better!
- Knowledge of software like 3DSMax, ZBrush, Houdini, Modo, Substance Designer / Painter.
- Experience in MEL, Python, C# scripting.
- Knowledge of Unity or Unreal.
Categories: Art , Creative