This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Mobile Games
OPM’s client is seeking a motivated and talented 3D Technical Artist with a strong passion for art, animation, and the gaming industry.
The successful candidate will be well versed in the technical frameworks of game engine development and will help create compelling,, beautifully composed in-game cinematics.
- Produce compelling cinematic sequences using Unity engine tools, with a critical eye for pacing, composition, character performance and camera language
- Join in Character kick-offs, as well as communicate with Game Designers, Storyboard Artists, and Department Leads, to help establish smooth implementations
- Work closely with Modelers, Animators, and VFX Artists, with a common objective to deliver outstanding quality characters for our game
- Be the first point of contact to our content creators when technical issues arise with their work
- Work in partnership with Central Tech Art to establish and promote technical best practices for the content creators
- Work closely with both Art and Engineering teams to create a smooth flow of assets into the game
- Take ownership of the technical budget of all the assets received, ensuring they are valid for game play and optimized for performance
- Solid professional experience creating cinematic cutscenes for games
- Strong of experience as Technical Artist in the games industry
- Experience with Game Engines. (i.e.. Unity & Unreal)
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Game Art Pipelines, Technologies, and platform limitations
- Outstanding knowledge of how to convey action, emotion, humor, and focus, through cinematography and composition
- Familiarity with Digital Content Creations Tools. (ie. Maya, Photoshop, Adobe…)
- Familiarity with Asset Management Tools. (ie. GIT & Plastic)
- Capability for troubleshooting technical issues and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Superb Collaboration and Communication skills, with a proactive attitude for bridging the communication between art and engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree, or working experience, in Game Art, Animation, and/or Film
- Good scripting and Coding skills (i.e. Python & C#)
- Understanding of Tools Writing and Designing Creative Workflows
- Proficiency with Unity
- Experience with Unity’s Cinemachine and Timeline technologies
- Experience with Graph Editor workflows
- Familiarity with Maya 3D software
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!