This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Projects: PC/Console VR Games
OPM are pleased to be working with a long-standing client keen to deliver high-end interactive and immersive VR experiences. They are seeking an experienced technical artist to join their studio.
The successful candidate will develop shaders, workflows and ensure that artwork meets the high visual quality and performance objectives expected.
- Optimising shaders and advising art on how to further optimise assets and other content within the technical limitations of target platforms.
- Working closely with the art and tech team to improve workflows and processes.
- Identify pipeline, workflow & build obstacles, solve them or work with teams to mitigate impact on the final product.
- Cooperate with other disciplines such as Lighting, VFX, Engineering and Design to create a AAA title.
- Lead research efforts to define and maintain art production pipelines and workflows.
- Help outline new art workflows and identify industry trends and best practices.
- Be the point of contact between team members to drive cross-department collaboration.
- Mentor and help teams in cross discipline work.
- Strong experience as a technical artist or associated art role, having worked on a minimum of one AAA game.
- A great portfolio which demonstrates your ability to generate high quality artwork for games
- Solid understanding of Unreal Engine and related performance profiling tools is necessary
- Experience of 3D modelling, and artist workflows including texturing.
- Deep understanding and experience of a physically based material pipelines.
- Strong understand of Maya or comparable modelling packages.
- Deep understanding of modern lighting models, and how they affect shader creation.
- Good knowledge of node-based shader editors or HLSL experience.
DESIRED SKILLS (NOT MUST HAVES):
- Experience with C++ and Python scripting.
- Excellent understanding of 3D maths.
- Good understanding of Houdini & procedural content creation.
- Experience with Substance Designer & Painter.
- Knowledge of high-polygon sculpting tools, such as Mudbox, ZBrush or 3D Coat and the asset baking process.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!