This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Senior Technical Artists are technically-trained artists that serves as a bridge between tech and art; responsible for researching, inventing and selecting the technical means needed to express the creative vision of the project, while respecting the overall art direction.
Develop art technologies
- Works together with other disciplines to identify or invent technical art features;
- Selects, prepare and adapt art tools used in production;
Define art workflows
- Define and validate the art workflow and art content pipeline;
Assess technical quality
- Establish technical art constraints;
- Participate in regular reviews to guard quality.
- Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritisation of tasks;
- Identify and communicate risks and issues.
- Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues;
- Facilitate the continued professional growth of fellow team members.
- Experience in at least one full AAA video game production, in Technical Art role
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills – Has supervised or lead a small team of developers on a project.
- Very good management skills with ability to keep track of multiple threads;
- Great communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Significant experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Detailed knowledge of the technical constraints of engines and the different game platforms;
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Good knowledge of 2D and 3D graphic software;
- Knowledge of an asset management system (ex : Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain);
- Ability to create technical documentation;
- Knowledge and Interest in the following tech-art areas:
- Rendering and Post FX
- Special FX
- Rigging and Animation
- Knowledge of a programming language
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Experience in developing with Unity Engine
- Training and tutoring skills;
- Experience with other types of digital art creation pipelines is also relevant.