Our client is looking for an outstanding, high energy, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated Technical Artist to work on their current game.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for Technical Art, with a strong ability to work with other disciplines. You will work day to day on improving pipelines and making planned changes while supporting the art team. You will also act as the bridge between artists and programmers streamlining problem solving for both sides.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess, maintain and improve our existing set of shaders and material creation processes.
- Monitor game performance and memory usage and help to improve the monitoring toolset.
- Create and maintain PostFX and provide feedback on the creation workflow.
- Optimize effects and for performance while retaining visual quality.
- Work closely with the Art Lead in order to maintain visual consistency.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to visual effects related issues
- Create high quality real time visual effects.
- Experience creating VFX and PFX in Unreal Engine 4
- Skills in using Unreal Engines’ Materials, Cascade / Niagara and Blueprints
- Experience with optimizing particle effects in game environments
- Experience as Technical Artist on at least one shipped title.
- In depth knowledge of memory and performance impact from a content creation perspective.
- Experience with 3ds Max
- Experience with UE4 or similar engine
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Understanding of run-time shader languages such as HLSL or GLSL
- Experience in Python and the use of PyQt/PySide
- Skills to communicate material and rendering features to the art and design teams.
- Ability to translate requests into usable materials and PostFX.
- A clear understanding of your own desires to grow and areas where you need to.
- Experience with Quixel suite / Substance suite
- Experience with Houdini or another real-time particle system
- Passion for First Person Shooters
- Strong positive communicator