OPM’s client are a vigorous, ambitious and rapidly expanding developer and publisher of PC and home console video games around the globe, and also a market leader in the niche of free-to-play online multiplayer games.
They are looking for a Technical Art Lead to join their studio in Beijing, China.
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects
- Identify problems; solve them: invent or build robust, quality technical implementations
- Refine and improve artist workflows
- Mentor and guide art, FX and lighting team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
- Partner with leads and directors to meet visual and technical standards
- Help with optimization efforts by educating team members as well as driving profiling automation and workflows.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to lead small teams in a personnel management capacity
- Coach and mentor a team both technically and from a career perspective
- Work with external vendors to help create briefs and define technical guidelines
- Work effectively in a cross functional team, understanding complex asset dependencies
- Experience with shaders, physically based rendering and material authoring pipelines
- Excels in Maya
- Exceptionally skilled in Substance Designer/Painter
- MEL, Python, HLSL scripting knowledge is a plus
- Strong organizational skills (pipeline optimization, goal setting, writing documentation, etc.)
- Strong ZBrush or Mudbox experience
- Experience with organic and inorganic modelling
- Frostbite/Unreal experience
- Extensive experience
- Education required: completion of high school, some college, vocational training or University or equivalent work experience/training