This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
My client and I are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated Technical Art Director to work on the development of high-profile self-published AAA projects for console & PC.
The successful candidate will utilise their knowledge alongside the Directors and Leads to help implement, research, and develop the studio technology along with the content pipelines necessary to achieve their potential.
- Extensive experience in the games industry having shipped various titles as a Technical Art Director or Lead Technical Artist.
- Strong experience mentoring a team of artists, engineers, or technical artists.
- Strong understanding of modern rendering principles and shaders in a real-time environment.
- Strong understanding of HDR content and rendering pipelines.
- Thorough understanding of CG fundamentals such as modelling, shaders, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, compositing.
- Thorough grasp of CG content creation software including Maya, Substance, and Marvelous.
- Outstanding aptitude for troubleshooting technical issues related to lighting, shaders, performance, tools, and pipelines.
- Specialist knowledge of Python and the Qt Framework.
- Expertise with architecting and developing tools and pipelines for artists.
- Communicates effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other members of the development team.
- Mentor a team of skilful technical artists that assist the Art teams with the development challenges of the project.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and Rendering Lead to push and execute the project’s vision.
- Plan to grow the engine and tools needed to attain the Art Direction and maximise the visual quality of their products.
- Define and document the graphic production pipelines, while maintaining them throughout production.
- Coordinate and act as an intermediary between the Tech Art, Art, and the Programming teams, including validation of render and tool requests from the Art Team.
- Reinforce the technical restrictions of the product and reasoning them to the team.
- Ensure the consistency of art quality throughout the game from a technical perspective.
- Offer and support the right tools to accelerate certain procedural tasks related to visual quality.
- Provide support and distribute knowledge to other projects within the studio as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS (beneficial to have):
- Professional experience with pre-rendered pipelines.
- Expertise and experience using C++.
- Professional experience with creating and optimising real-time shaders.
- Professional experience with Houdini and procedural pipelines.
- A background in traditional art.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!