This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA PC/Console
OPM are proud to be working with a globally recognised games developer based in Paris.
The company are responsible for some of the most successful and well-known IPs in the Games Industry. Currently looking for a Technical Art Director to join the team on a new project ambitious project.
The successful candidate will oversee a team of technical artist and vfx artist whilst taking responsibility for the art content production pipelines of the studio.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A portfolio and/or demo reel showcasing appropriate projects necessary for the proper consideration of your application.
- Extensive professional experience in games with multiple productions under your belt as a Technical Artist, Associate Technical Art Director or Technical Art Director.
- Professional experience developing a concept and strong expertise in graphic production methods and pipelines for AAA projects.
- Familiarity with technologies used in modern gaming for example, PBR, data steaming, etc.
- Outstanding understanding of graphics software such as: 3DS Max, Substance, Photoshop, Blender.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming/scripting language: Python, MaxScript, C#.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills allowing you to talk effectively on both artistic and technical issues.
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment, using both English and French written and spoken.
- Professional experience managing a team.
- You will identify artistic and technical limitations of the project to oversee the creation of tools, procedures and methods that optimise graphic production.
- You will guide the implementation and monitoring of technical validation and world compliance processes. Your goal is to optimise the CPU and GPU performance of the game.
- Introduce and oversee the research and innovation phases on tools or methods which permit to materialise artistic objectives, while appreciating the limitations of the project.
- You will guide your team members in their tasks and priorities so that they meet the expectations of production teams.
- You will advise and give regular feedback to your team.
- You will advise your team on the new methods and techniques.
- You will be expert on the graphic production pipelines of the project to advise the Core Team on the development approach to adopt.
- You will coordinate the research of the Tech Art team with those of other studios, making sure to harmonise with the other Technical Directors of the project.
- Ensure monitoring of the production team with other managers: coordination on information to relay, prioritisation of developments with project managers, communication on the support operated by the team of Technical Artists, etc.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!