This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM is proud to be working with one of Europe’s leading game development companies who are seeking a Technical Art Director to join their team building exciting, challenging gameplay spaces that help tell powerful stories in a rich, dynamic open world title.
The successful candidate will together with the other Art Directors and the Technical Art Lead bridging the gap between artists and engineers driving both existing and future tech and tools. You will be responsible for maintenance and enhancement of pipelines and workflows for the art teams to work effectively.
- Outline the technical roadmaps and long-term vision for the Technical Art team.
- Prototype cutting edge methods to art and content creation and spearhead R&D efforts.
- Enhance current content creation tools and pipelines based on current and long-term needs and requirements.
- Detect and resolve workflow and pipeline challenges for internal art teams.
- Implement innovative technologies and workflows.
- Organise, prioritise, and assign work for technical artists.
- Outline the standards for and guard the quality of the technical implementation as well as the visual results of in-game content and tools.
- Obtain a deep understanding of the studio’s tools and technology and the current project’s content to be able to solve technical issues as they come up.
- Extensive experience in a technical artist role on at least one shipped AAA game.
- A profound understanding of current content creation tools and workflows including: modeling, texturing, shading, rigging, animation, and lighting.
- An outstanding understanding of current game engine and CG fundamentals.
- An outstanding understanding of current physically based materials and lighting.
- A strong understanding of current graphics hardware.
- Solid experience with current graph-based programming.
- Solid experience with Maya, Substance Painter and Designer, Houdini.
- Highly proficient with Python.
- Familiarity with modern shading languages such as PSSL, HLSL or GLSL.
- Relocation support
- VISA application assistance if required
- International and national tax assistance
- Profit share bonuses, milestone bonuses and discretionary bonuses
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25-day holiday allowance, excluding public holidays
- Training and development opportunities
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214412!