This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Games
Our client is looking for an Animation Technical Designer to join their industry leading development team working on their latest self-published project.
The successful candidate will be responsible assisting and enabling animators, programmers, and designers to help maximise efficiency in feature development. You will act as a technical facilitator and bridge between animation and programming/design.
- Scripting experience with Python.
- Solid knowledge and demonstrable experience with character mechanics and animation pipelines.
- Professional experience working with character physics, ragdoll as well as hair and cloth-sim.
- Strong and clear communication skills.
- Superb problem-solving skills.
- Enjoys working as a team, able to receive feedback and direction appropriately, but also proactive and able to work independently.
- Owning and maintaining animation state machines, including animation sets
- Pushing animation state machine tools and pipeline upgrades
- Collaborate with animators, designers, and programmers to execute realisation of player mechanics and NPC characters
- Cooperate with programmers and designers, as well as the animation team to assist in the design of animation systems
- Assist in the finding of solutions, consequently saving on cost (memory/performance cost, as well as number of animations necessary to produce to realise features) to achieve top quality results in gameplay and animation
- Unblocking animation content by implementing systems, enabling faster feedback and iteration
- Communicating effectively with content teams to identify workflow problems, spec out the plan to resolve them, and then push that plan to a shippable state
- Using technical knowledge to find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Solid animation debugging skills, thus ensuring fluidity and functionality
- Professional experience with C++ programming
- Professional experience with open world games
- Professional experience with Maya and/or Motion Builder
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Complete relocation support including VISA
- Competitive compensation package
- Health care allowance
- Pension Scheme
- A variety of sports activities
- Free games!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!