Job Type: Permanent
Genre: Console Video Games
My client was founded in 2009 and is a premier games developer of world class console video games. Work has begun on a new project and they are looking for an experienced and passionate Technical Animator to help the team create smooth pipelines, develop tools and simplify workflow to be able to achieve visually stunning 3D animations.
- A minimum of one AAA game shipped as a Technical Animator
- In-depth knowledge in one of 3DS Max, Maya or MotionBuilder and ability to learn and adapt knowledge to other DCC tools
- Strong understanding of scripting languages such as MaxScript or Python.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve and work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of facial rigging/skinning (base on FACS)
- Have the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Responsible for driving daily animation technical support to animators
- Acting as a bridge between the Artists and Programmers working on a game
- Ensuring art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits
- Design and support complex character and facial rigs
- Cooperate on the skinning process for a variety of characters
- Keep up to date with new technologies and continue to improve on existing workflow
- Interact closely with animators and other team members to maintain and improve their proprietary animation tools.
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation team
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production – from content creation through to the game.
- Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines, mainly animation and animation code.
- Proficient knowledge of scripting and coding in Python and C++
- Strong knowledge of Animation systems such as Unreal and Unity
- Experience with motion capture and 3d facial scanning workflow (FACs)
Interested in finding out more? Call me direct on +44 (0) 1206 214425.