Job ID: #19110
OPM are proud to be working with an exceptional games developer of single and multiplayer, Console and PC titles. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Technical Animator to join its development team in Oslo, Norway.
As a Technical Animator you will be working closely with the animators, designers and programmers to define, design and implement animation systems, animations and character state systems in Unreal 4. You will support the animation pipeline, as well as rigging and skinning characters.
· Hold a Technical Animation position or similar; preferable within the video game development industry
· Solid and recent experience as a technical animator, gameplay animator, or animation programmer
· Proven expertise with 3dsMax, Maya, or equivalent animation software
· Experience with animation state machines and blend systems
· Team driven, able to share and take work and information from peers
· To be able to talk with animators, programmers and designers
· Able to adapt to new technologies and technical challenges
· Scripting knowledge
· Good written and oral communication skills in English
· Design and implementation of animations systems and character state systems
· Work with designers finding ways to define/design combat systems and how animations interact with them
· Work directly with the programming team to achieve a better character state system that will support animations and combat requirements
· Analyse improve and design for the animation/model pipelines
· Work with character artists and animators helping skinning and rigging of characters
· Analyse, troubleshoot and solve animation related technical challenges
· Give input and guidance to animators, designers and programmers to achieve an excellent animation system
· Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
· Experience rigging and skinning characters.
· Experience in Unreal 4.
· Competence in C++.
· Experience with motion capture animation.
· Experience with playing FPS or other online games.
· Strong company values
· Challenging and interesting work
· A position to greatly influence in their position
· Flexible working hours
· Company pension plan
· Offices located in the middle of Oslo
· A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
· Social events and gatherings
· Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
· World class public healthcare
· Free public schools
· Modern infrastructure
· Excellent public transportation
· Fluent English-speaking population
Interested in finding out more about the studio, project and benefits of working at this studio? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!
Salary and benefits will be discussed at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
Categories: Animation , Creative
What do Unchartered, Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect, The Last of Us, The Witcher, Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption have…
In 1977, the first video game art came from the Atari 2600 (which required a large heaped spoonful of imagination)….
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom