This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is a UK games developer with a rich portfolio of action adventure games. They keep high production values close to its heart and it shows in all their games. They are seeking a Technical Animator to join their team in Cambridge.
The successful candidate will develop and maintain complicated animation systems, pipelines, and in-game character graphs. Working closely with the animation and programming teams to attain smooth and dynamic animation integration into engine.
- Strong professional experience in games, with animation and scripting within Maya.
- Demonstrable professional experience programming with Phyton and/or other object orientated languages.
- Solid understanding of game animation pipelines from start to polished final product.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined games development team.
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the latest animation technology and methodologies, staying up to date with advances.
- Create and implement animation systems/character state machines.
- Analyse, troubleshoot, and solve animation related technical challenges.
- Take an active part in discussions, offering advice and suggestions for improving the animation pipeline.
- Implementation of IK systems and procedural animation solutions.
- Assist and support animators on effectively implementing animation into the game engine.
- Share knowledge and technical developments with the wider animation team and studio.
- Research and pioneer game animation technologies.
- Strong professional experience with distinguished games engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite – specifically with visual scripting, animation graphs and character set-ups.
- Knowledge of Vicon Systems & Motion Builder.
- Demonstrable professional experience creating in-game character animation ideally with UE4 and UE4 Blueprints.
- Involved with a fully published game throughout the full process of development from concept to finish.
- Knowledge of additional programming and/or scripting languages.
- Holiday 23 days per annum (rising 1 day a year for each year of service to a maximum of 33 days)
- Subsidised gym/fitness membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425