Job ID: #23858
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console Games
Our client is an established AAA games studio. Their team has worked on multiple world class projects for industry leading companies.
They offer a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in!
They are looking for a talented Technical Animator to join their team on a next-gen AAA character-action game. The TA is an expert in their field and holds a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the technical issues around content creation for video games. The TA will produce work that is at the highest level of quality and difficulty and have a proven track record of resolving the most complex and broad reaching challenges in relationship to content construction, pipeline management and cutting-edge visuals.
· Deep rigging, skinning and animation knowledge
· Comfortable scripting tools in DCC / engine to support the animation pipelines (Python, C#, C++, Lua, MAXScript, MEL)
· You have experience working with version control systems like Perforce or Git
· Broad understanding of rendering pipeline including PBR, materials, lighting, occlusion culling and post-effect.
· Good knowledge of one or more digital content creation packages (Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3DSMax, Motionbuilder, Modo, Zbrush).
· Experience of industry standard game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity or Lumberyard
· Experience working with motion capture data
· Deep understanding of an animator’s needs and requirements
· Interest in playing games
· Provide technical art and animation tool support for the animation team
· Enforce asset organisation and standardisation
· Build advanced rigs to handle character, creature and set piece animation
· Analyse and troubleshoot all aspects of the animation pipeline
· Work with animation team on optimisation and performance strategies
· Communicate between programming and art disciplines
· Collaborate and share knowledge on latest advancements with other technical experts within the company
· Participate in setting vision for content and tools and collaborate with engineers to develop cutting edge tools and technologies
· Review / integrate animation solutions or help develop new ones
· Advise the art team on technical issues as they arise
· You've shipped a AAA title for PC, Console or Mobile
· Tool development experience in Lumberyard
· Experience with FACS
· Experience working with motion capture suits
· Experience baking destruction to animation
· Knowledge of physical based animation / motion matching
· Experience working with source control APIs (perforce, git, …)
· Experience with data visualization (Excel, Plotly, Dash, Tableau, …)
· Understanding of C++, graphics API (DX11/12, Vulkan, …)
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!
Categories: Animation , Creative
OPMjobs are proud of our new incentive to help the team cope with isolation – the Wellness Hour. Getting a…
With nearly everyone in the world stuck at home right now, unsurprisingly this has posed new challenges for hiring managers….
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom