Job ID: #726
I’m excited to be working with a games developer based in central Manchester who’s enjoyed success since their first release in 2012. Work has now begun on a brand-new IP set for release on Consoles.
As their sole TA/Rigger on this project, you’ll be rigging and skinning both human characters, as well as weird and unique monsters. The latter will involve solving some interesting problems to bring these creatures to life.
The game features distinctive stylised visuals and is set in a twisted mythical world.
• Technical Animation / Rigging Demo Reel
• Advanced knowledge of creating custom deformation and animation rigs
• Deep understanding of both Maya & ideally Motion Builder, with experience using HumanIK and custom rigs
• A good understanding of human anatomy
• Experience as a Rigger on at least one shipped title / project
• Clear verbal and written communication in English
• Understanding of Character State Networks
• Excellent team work skills and ability to receive feedback
• Strong portfolio showing character modelling to a high standard in varying styles
• Strong animation skills would be a bonus but not required
• Experience with Python scripting languages desired
• Create, prototype and maintain high-quality character and prop rigs.
• Work in collaboration with character artists and animators to design functional, responsive, animator-friendly rigs while keeping in mind optimisation and runtime performance
• Development of modular rigs and custom Motion Builder rigs
• Development of tools and workflows to assist animation, rigging and production teams
• Handle the technical tasks related to characters set up and implementation
• Rig and skin a variety of character assets, (heads and bodies), garments and gear
• Characters physics simulation setup and implementation (ex: cloth, ragdoll)
• Competitive salary
• Contributory Pension
• Small team and no crunch environment
• 25 days plus bank holidays
• Relocation advice
Categories: Animation , Creative
In 1977, the first video game art came from the Atari 2600 (which required a large heaped spoonful of imagination)….
With the deadline for the UK leaving the EU fast approaching, and the chances of a no-deal exit ever-increasing, it’s…
Copyright © 2019 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom