An exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Gameplay Programmer to join a rapidly expanding team at an established games studio, based in Manchester.
Our client is seeking highly skilled and motivated candidates who can work with them to develop exciting experiences, in a welcoming studio where you will be integral in shaping their games. In joining their team, you would have the opportunity to take ownership of key components of a full games production and further develop your skills and career.
- Advanced knowledge of C++ / C#.
- Familiarity with working in 3rd party engines like Unreal Engine 4 and Unity.
- Multiplatform development experience.
- Good Experience as a Lead Coder or Tech Director role
- Approachable attitude and work ethic.
- Self-motivated worker who can prioritise workload of entire code team.
- Outstanding management and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of game development practices.
- Able to suggest and implement improvements to the company’s development practices.
- Well versed in current and emerging Software / Hardware
- Take the lead in technical strategy and code direction for the studio.
- Provide concise development progress updates to production team.
- Able to provide feedback, guidance and advice to code team as needed.
- Recognize development and technical risks on projects and implement contingency plans and process to prevent/minimize risk in the future.
- Recruiting coders to build a strong code team.
- Mentoring and developing team members with a focus on performance management.
- Being the standard bearer for coding practices in the studio.
- Developing and maintaining a high bar of quality for the code team.
- Frequently review work and provide feedback to the development team.
- Work closely with other team leads to ensure positive working relationships across all disciplines.
- Working closely with Production team to schedule tasks for entire code team to ensure milestones are met.