Are you a talented Systems Designer looking to work on an exciting new AAA project?
OPM is excited to be working with this leading AAA games developer based in the Netherlands. With over a decade’s experience in the games industry, they have grown into a multicultural team of over 200 people that have strived to achieve technical and artistic excellence in their games.
My client is looking for a Systems Designer to be responsible for the design and development of one or more core gameplay systems (mechanics, controls, camera, player progression, traversal etc.) on a brand new project.
As a Systems Designer, you will:
- Design and develop the systems and features to achieve the vision and pillars defined by the Game Director.
- Set achievable quality standards and guide team members on how to attain them, review work and provide actionable feedback.
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with multidisciplinary product teams, create documentation, and present new ideas.
- Collaborate with the Data Analytics and Player Research teams to further the understanding of the player experience and quality.
Skills & Experience
- Experience on one or more AAA games in a Systems Design role (i.e.: mechanics, controls, camera, combat and player progression etc.) for Open World games.
- Experience with 3D editing software (Maya, 3DS Max etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use analytical skills to evaluate game systems and interpret player behaviour data.
- Self-motivation, forward-thinking and willing to prototype and pitch ideas to the team.
- Openness to constructive criticism, good listening skills and willing to give feedback to others.
- Enjoyment of working in agile multidisciplinary teams.
- Flexibility and approachability.
- Experience with visual scripting (Unity, Unreal, etc);
- Any experience in other game development disciplines; UI/UX, Art, Audio, Code.
What’s on offer?
As well as a competitive basic salary, my client also offers:
- Profit share, milestone and discretionary bonuses, collective health insurance and pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday, commuting allowance and tailored relocation packages for expatriates (including Dutch lessons).
- Training and development opportunities.
- On-site cafeteria, discounted products and free games, gym memberships and in-house massages.
- Weekly social and regular company events.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, then please fill in the form below, attach your CV and any links to your portfolio/demo work and click the “Send Application” button. If you’d like to know a little bit more about the opportunity, please call me on +44 (0) 1206 214 422.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND – Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.