OPM’s client are looking for an experienced Supervising Writer to join their team supporting production of a AAA open world online game.
The successful candidate will need to have a mixture of writing ability and strong communication and organizational skills with a keen interest in the games. They must be able to collaborate with key creative leaders across a variety of disciplines including other consultant writing staff. Ultimately, the Supervising Writer needs to assume full accountability for the narrative development of the game.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Design or relative field
- Strong understanding of visual theory and storytelling
- Good understanding of how to present a clear narrative concept flow using script writing software including: Visio, Excel, PPT, or other related tools
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and an awareness of how to navigate limitations and work with available art and programming resources
- Ability to display a strong understanding of plot, structure, and character
- Willing to accept and provide constructive feedback and work through multiple iterations
- Work closely with the writing team and Game Director to develop overall narrative and character arcs and story scripts
- Work with the Creative Leads to ensure that the overall game narrative is fully grasped within the game worlds, and that the balance between open world gameplay and progressive narrative drive is a seamless player experience
- Support the Game Design team in defining systems, missions and structures to support the game experience throughout the entire game, not just during story-driven moments
- Work with the development team to brainstorm creative ways to encapsulate the game’s core mechanics through story and narrative
- Establish the lore and tone of the worlds of the game and propose creative and efficient ways to effectively present these worlds to the player
- Create descriptions and backstories for characters, locations, objects, events
- Define characters and NPCs, their back stories, personalities
- Writing and revising all in-game dialogue and text
- Collaborate with cinematic and sound teams to create and maintain consistent narrative execution
- Generating detailed Voice Over scripts and liaising with external voice-over houses and sound designers
- Pitch/communicate new ideas, concepts and stories
- Preparing VO scripts and maintaining in-game narrative text
- Being an advocate for your discipline
- Demonstrating a willingness and ability to explain your creative processes
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!