Job ID: #19760
Our client, are a dynamic games studio based in London and Canada. Founded on a wealth of traditional game development experience, blending a bunch of talented people, passionate about making the best free to play games.
Founded in 2011, they have released 8 games with over 150 million players across the world. Their goal is to create the best racing games for mobile. They believe small, focused and empowered teams build the best games and work hard to maintain an open, transparent and self-determined culture.
After launching a game, they use player feedback and most critically data, to figure out how to make each game the best it can be. There are so many opportunities to identify insights in the data and that’s where you come in.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and updating existing game titles across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, tvOS, Amazon) using the Unity engine. Working closely with the analytics and QA teams in London, UK and the tools and technology team in Nova Scotia, to maximize the revenue income from titles no longer receiving content updates.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Nova Scotia, Canada with the option to work remotely 2 days per week at the discretion of the business.
• Addressing issues and implementing opportunities as they arise to improve revenue performance of existing titles no longer in active development. This would involve the end-to-end process of fixing bugs, implementing new sdks, tweaking the app, seeing the title through QA and then managing the release of the update to the appropriate app stores.
• Tackling a wide variety of technology challenges including, but not limited to, third-party sdk integration, analytics, social-networking, advertising, and platform-specific features.
• As part of the Tools and Technology team in Nova Scotia, you would be responsible for designing and writing code in a maintainable and easily updatable manner, ready to be used by programmers in the London studio on multiple game titles both existing and in the future.
• Documenting systems delivered such that they can be used and even maintained and altered by remote programmers who may not have any prior knowledge of the system.
• Working closely with stake holders to ensure clarity of requirements and appropriateness of design. Delivering incremental solutions and seeking feedback to ensure transparency at all times. Adjusting priorities or design approach to changing ideas or business needs.
• Strong technical design and code skills, preferably in C#, though strong C++ experience is fine.
• Proven professional console, PC or mobile development experience.
• Worked on at least 1 game title developed through it’s release, having gone through full QA cycle, and preferably beyond to post-release support developing updates or DLC.
• A passion for developing technology to help other developers.
Categories: Programming , Technical
Our best wishes for a great Christmas and prosperous New Year! We will all be checking our emails periodically over…
With the deadline for the UK leaving the EU fast approaching, it’s important to know what this means for UK…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom