Job Title – Server Developer – PC and Console Games -UK
Location – Cambridge
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – Competitive
Job ID – 10891
OPM are collaborating with a valued client looking for an experienced Server Developer to join one of the UK’s leading Games development studios
In this varied role, you will be tasked with developing high performance online services for the games and supporting websites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop high performance, high availability online services for games
- Build and automate the management of software systems and database structures on public cloud services
- Understand and maintain web-based systems using a broad range of technologies including Apache, PHP, MongoDB, Redis and MySQL
- Create data and infrastructure tools that allow non-technical users to manage online services.
- Direct experience developing with server-based systems
- Experience of administering open source infrastructure components such as relational databases, document stores, in-memory stores, firewalls, load balancers and networks
- Comfortable with multi-dimensional data, time series and statistics
- An understanding of games and how they work would be useful but is not essential
- Process automation and general DevOps
- Linux systems administration
- Networking (TCP/UDP, Routing, NAT, Firewalls)
- Tools for managing data changes and for testing & deploying code
- Programming in C++, C#, Java, Go or Rust
- Expertise in database architecture development including SQL
- Building gaming, commerce, social networking or search systems
- NoSQL databases (such as DynamoDB, Redis or MongoDB)
- Developing systems on Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructures.
- Performance & reliability optimisation of distributed systems
- Maths (Stats or Mechanics), simulation or scientific programming.