OPM is excited to be working with this leading digital and social game publisher. Having established itself as a leader in creating games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users since the early 2000s. Their portfolio included games from their own established franchises and with major partners. They have audiences in over 100 countries and have thousands of employees worldwide.
My client is looking for 2 Game Economy Designers (1 Senior & 1 Junior) to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and project how customers behave. You will:
- Improve each game’s financial performance by identifying and developing the purchase drivers for different product categories in the game economy.
- Provide constant data-driven recommendations on design, tuning and pricing (creating specific price point roles and implement selling strategies for key consumers).
- Design & balance the virtual in-game products & their metrics (needs, relationships, life-cycle and streams of availability) with the dev team to individually measure their impact on a given title.
- Work closely with the development team to see designs refined and metrics implemented.
- Analyse game development & post-launch data (user feedback) and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economy and provide solutions to Gameloft management.
- Experience as Game Economy Designer/Game Balancer/Monetization Analyst.
- Deep understanding of the current mobile & online F2P markets.
- Strong understanding of gameplay & game design, how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
- Strong analytical/formal thinking, problem-solving skills & econometrics skills. Able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data.
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design. Able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance.
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining.
- A degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction and a master of Excel.
- Motivation & a passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
- Previous experience in econometrics/data mining or previous experience as a game/social/gambling designer.
As well as a competitive salary, my client also offer:
- Excellent Social Benefits & career-development opportunities.
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company.
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games and an exceptional library of diverse games with broad distribution.
- An international environment, daily contact with other countries & cultures and excellent local working conditions.
Don’t miss out on an amazing opportunity! Please send your cv and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Chris Watkins | Creative Recruiter | OPM Response Ltd | www.opmjobs.com
Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214422 | Email: email@example.com | Skype: Chris.Watkins.opm
Three-time Develop Award Winners
RECOMMEND A FRIEND – Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.