Our client is looking for a Senior World Designer to join their team in creating an unannounced self-published project. The team is moderately sized which will give you great opportunities to influence the end product while at the same time requiring you to push the boundaries of your discipline when needed.
As a Senior World Designer, you’ll mainly be responsible for creating amazing locations in the game world while also scripting specific experiences the player will have in them. You will be getting your hands dirty building great experiences with a wide range of editors and tools.
- Working with the Game Director, Lead Artist, and your fellow Designers to formulate a pitch and seeing it through the approval process.
- Building the barebones version of the setting. From the rough shape and placement of buildings and roads to any important natural landmarks and vegetation. All while closely working with Artists to help them understand the space and to make sure they can turn it into something beautiful.
- Gameplay Designer to make sure things like the roads are just the right size and shape.
- Placing enemies and all-important gameplay-specific props necessary to pull off your vision of the experience. All while closely working with Combat Designer to make sure you’re utilising the best practices to ensure a great combat experience, and Narrative and Mission designers to make sure that the environment tells the necessary story.
- Working with the Audio and FX team to make sure you’re setting just the right tone and mood.
- Setting up exterior and interior location prefabs at the right level of complexity and quality to propagate a large game world that ends up more than the sum of its parts.
- Finally, making the right adjustments based on feedback and thoroughly debugging your work until its ready to make its way into the hands of millions of players.
- Experience as a World / Level Designer on a AAA title
- Experience with open world games
- Experience with world art or terrain sculpting
- Ability to analyse and understand how existing games are constructed
- Strong knowledge of game design fundamental
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to successfully produce results individually and as part of a team
- A passion for playing open world action games!
- Experience working with game editors such as UnrealEd/Hammer
- Scripting experience/knowledge (Python, LUA or equal)