Job Type: Permanent
Projects: AAA Console Games
Note: This studio can sponsor a VISA but the candidate must have the required skills and experience in video games.
My client has an impressive back catalogue of action packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim.
Due to their continued success, they are now looking for a very experienced Senior Weapons Artist.
Key Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Produce world class assets.
- Work closely with our Art Director to create a range of striking weapons both in term of visuals and technical implementation.
- Own the overall strategy of the weapons department including defining the quality bar, team culture, communication with other teams, pipelines etc.
- Comfortable creating an outsource process and communicating regularly and clearly with external companies while balancing management of the internal team. This will include:
-Creating packs and supporting documents for both internal and external teams.
-Quality control and providing clear & regular feedback.
– Conduct regular reviews and manage the Weapon team to excellence:
– Support the Weapon team backlogs, bugs and risks in an effective manner to ensure
the smooth running of the department.
- Be a role-model for all members of the Weapon team by setting an example and lead by the example by creating state of the art weapons
- Build and maintain close working relations with the Art Leads and general Art department.
- Be comfortable communicating across teams and departments.
- Self-regulate your workload while completing ad-hoc requests & investigating any issues that arise.
- Be proactive and work together to maintain a world class quality across the team.
Technical Requirements to include:
- Experience in creating assets in level creation tools such as Unreal Engine 4 or similar.
- At least 2 published games title on current gen platforms.
- Understanding of baking textures, processing maps and physically based shading.
- 3DS Max and Photoshop at expert level.
- Experience of the full asset pipeline including optimising and profiling.
- Z-brush experience.
- Familiarity with procedural texture packages like Substance Designer.
Skill Requirements to include:
- Ability to drive a team in both management/schedule level and personal development.
- Aptitude to be both hands-on in asset creation and overlooking the weapons team.
- Create state of the art weapon assets.
- Maintain a high level of quality art, while providing a variety of ideas.
- Provide in-depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas.
- Collaborates effectively with department leads during review sessions which result in the finest artistic look possible.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely creative in bringing ideas and inspiring the team.
- Ability to work within deadlines and good time management.
- Passionate about creating and playing games.