Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are currently seeking an experienced and talented Senior VFX Artist to develop visually stunning in-game FX elements for game environments, characters and cinematics as well as contribute to the development and enhancement of particle effect systems, tools, and pipelines.
- Handle FX problems and develop solutions that consider all variables in a self-sufficient manner
- Break down open-ended requests into actionable tasks, examine feasible options, autonomously collaborate across disciplines to propose a plan of action, and implement solutions that will satisfy all stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of at least one major 3D package (Maya, Max, Houdini, etc.)
- Outstanding technical and artistic problem solving skills
- Produce a wide variety of real-time special effects using sprite-based particle systems along with pixel and vertex shaders; e.g. rain, snow, smoke, explosion, destruction, weapon, fire, geometry, surface shader, and full screen effects
- Work with Art and Engineering teams, offering creative and efficient solutions to help solve performance related issues
- Maintain clean, organized FX and Shader libraries
- Effectively communicate updates and communicate timely concerns to the production team
- Current-generation AAA video game platform experience on a minimum of two published titles
- Background with video game product development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, particle systems, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, texture/UV animation, UV layout, in-game and sprite animation, material setup, and engine
- Knowledge and understanding of optimization, performance, and profiling considerations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all disciplines – game design, production, and engineers as well as artists
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- Extensive technical art background in FX, with a focus on shader writing.
- Background authoring rendered FX in packages such as the Adobe Suite, Maya/Max and Houdini.
- Scripting and/or visual scripting experience (Unreal’s Blueprints, etc.)
- 30 vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours
- Private health insurance including dental
- Relocation and VISA support
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!