Our client is looking to expand their core teams experience and has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior VFX artist.
As a candidate you must be passionate about all aspects of VFX design and implementation, with the ability to create dazzling effects, within technical restrictions and that aid in gameplay immersion.
The ideal candidate will have a history of demonstrating an exceptional eye for detail, creative flair, stylistic versatility and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate on artistic and technical aspects with other team disciplines.
If you can produce VFX from the magical to the mundane, from the stylistic to the realistic, from the current gen to the next gen, they have the right team, the right opportunity and a wide variety of game genres for you to work in.
- Use your command over aesthetics and physics to create real world VFX
- Collaborate with designers, artists and coders to design and implement those VFX
- Take ownership and responsibility of your output
- Willingness to muck-in, and will support other team members
- Optimize your VFX to budget, test, measure and strive to improve performance
- Contribute to new techniques and workflows
- Work under direction to create stunning VFX, optimised per platform, across multiple titles
- Create prototypes and pre-visualisation concepts to help establish visual effects direction and workflows
- Collaborate with level design and gameplay teams to create visual effects that support gameplay requirements
- Be up to date on current and emerging visual effect trends and technology
- Create clear and accurate technical documentation regarding VFX production and implementation procedures
- Work with the Graphical Rendering team/Technical Art team in the development and improvement of workflows and technologies to improve visual effect quality and performance
- Work through all aspects of the VFX pipeline, which includes creating content from concept to final polished result
- Extensive experience in Real Time VFX for Video Games
- Expert understanding of real-time VFX authoring tools
- Experience with 3D packages for creating 3D assets
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop and After Effects
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of the Principles of Real Time VFX
- Understanding of VFX impact on console performance
- Highly passionate and self-motivated to create high quality VFX
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title
- Demo reel required
- Experience with UE4 (Cascade and Niagara)
- Very strong problem-solving skills for technically challenging tasks
- Experience in Unity (Shuriken), PopcornFX and other game engines for creating real time VFX
- Experience with fluid dynamics simulation software, such as Houdini and FumeFX, for fire, smoke, fluid and soft/rigid body dynamics