This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA PC/Console Games
OPM are working with a well-established award-winning co-development studio looking for a Senior VFX Artist as they look to expand their Art Team to work on their growing list of AAA projects.
The successful candidate will produce world class Visual Effects that support and enhance the gameplay experience.
- Professional experience working within VFX development on at least two full project cycles and published titles.
- Exceptional artistic ability exhibited through a portfolio, demonstrating a wide range of 2D and 3D real time game VFX in a variety of art styles.
- Solid understanding of timing, weight, physical behaviour, and motion physics.
- Proficient with Maya/Max, Photoshop, Substance and After Effects.
- Experience in Houdini, UE4's Cascade or Niagra, Unity's Shuriken, PopcornFX, FumeFX or Ember Gen and some basic programming knowledge in Python or HLSL.
- Deep understanding of modern visual effects trends and technologies.
- In depth understanding of various tools and game engines presently used in game development.
- Evidence of being an enthusiastic leader whilst in the role of VFX artist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately follow a pre-defined art direction or concept to produce impressive visual effects in varying art styles.
- Produce high-quality effects, from prototype through to implementation in game, including bug fixing and polishing and assisting with concepting new ideas, exploring new techniques.
- Work with other Art Leads in helping to manage the VFX art team quality, ensuring consistency between original vision and final look.
- Work with tech artists and programmers to enhance workflows, producing clean and efficient systems, with an awareness of what is required for optimal performance.
- Ensure work hits all memory and frame rate guides and comply to project guidelines in terms of naming conventions, texture layering structures, folders etc.
- With a professional and organised approach, you adhere to schedules and promptly feedback concerns regarding any aspects of the project.
- Respond to art direction effectively and assist in both providing and implementing feedback.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Add to the library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the VFX art processes and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Self-driven, autonomous, and confident, demonstrate responsibility for work quality and processes for both yourself and other members of the art team, actively contributing fresh ideas and encouraging the team.
- Confident with motivating VFX Artists, inspire colleagues to flourish and help promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus
- Free Parking
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214412!