This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC & Console Games
OPM’s client is a seeking a Senior Programmer to help create a tool that allows scientists to visualise proprietary compound data in a desktop application and to allow scientists to collaboratively design new compounds.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the tool creation with tasks ranging from engine architecture and multiplayer coding, to developing VR experiences.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or comparable disciplines
- Extensive experience working on Console or PC games
- Deep professional experience with UE4 & Blueprints
- Superb C++ programming skills
- Experience with Networking Architecture, HLSL, Visual Studio
- Strong 3D Math, Trig, and Linear Algebra skills
- Experience programming for VR
- Experience working on projects with Agile development processes.
- Experience mediating discussions and understanding other stakeholder positions and integrate their needs into the final product
- Develop key architecture and implementation of the core engine systems (UE4)
- Work independently to implement new functionality in game and tools
- Able to adapt quickly to new coding environments and programming standards
- Analyse performance and implement optimisations in both high and low-level code
- Work with other team members to implement complex systems
- Provide accurate schedules and estimates for completing tasks on time
- Design and implement whole architectural sections of code seamlessly integrating them into the existing code base.
- Liaise with other departments in the company to independently create the specifications for new modules in the project.
- Take modules from inception to completion, including planning, development feedback and testing.
- Master’s degree in computer science, or comparable discipline
- Experience with AWS implementation
- Experience with multithreaded systems
- Experience with Audio, Physics and Rendering
- Experience with Source Control (Github, Perforce)
- Experience working with a wide array of low-level systems: graphics, networking, audio, memory management, tools, etc.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!