OPM’s client are looking for a Senior UI/UX Artist to join their new mobile project to continue development of our first original mobile game. Set within their franchises universe, this role offers the unique opportunity of developing a highly anticipated mobile MMO for one of the most passionate gaming communities.
The Senior UI/UX Artist will design, create and implement all aspects of the graphical interface for a pioneering mobile MMO with an intuitive and engaging online world. Responsible for the overall user experience, the role requires a strong understanding of how to construct interfaces for a target audience that are both beautiful and functional while ensuring that styles and interactions are consistent throughout the game.
The perfect candidate will enjoy taking a structured approach to creative challenges and act as a champion for the player when cross-discipline decisions are made.
They are looking for: –
- An experienced user interface artist proficient in illustration and capable of delivering high-quality assets such as menus, icons and buttons. Candidates should be comfortable working in a range of styles and creating assets that are both flexible and efficient for mobile platforms. This role requires a deep appreciation of information architecture and the ability to translate that to in-engine user interfaces via graphic design and layout skills.
- A passionate user experience designer with a deep knowledge of player-focused design principles and the ability to produce supporting documentation such as wireframes, prototypes and interaction flows. The ability to evaluate and iterate upon user experiences through usability testing, focus groups and expert review is a key component of this role. Candidates should recognise contemporary user experience trends and be able to identify best-in-class solutions via competitor analysis.
- A creative problem solver able to focus on the appearance, feel and performance of the holistic player experience while working to agreed art direction and technical specifications. Candidates will understand how to balance visual syntax such as shape, proportion, motion and colour to present complex information to players in an enjoyable and digestible manner.
- An accessible collaborator who can work closely with members from cross-functional disciplines (art, design, engineering, production) to define and deliver the user experience vision. The Senior UI/UX Artist will ensure that the visual language for the game and implementation progress is clearly documented and communicated to internal stakeholders.
- Held a UI/UX role for the full development lifecycle of at least one mobile title
- A comprehensive portfolio demonstrating a variety of different UI styles and techniques
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Balsamiq or similar visual design and wireframing tools
- Experience integrating user interface assets and animations into the Unity game engine
- Comfortable documenting user experience flows and interactions via wireframes and prototypes
Highly Desirable: –
- A high level of proficiency with interactive prototyping software such as Proto.io, Axure or InVision
- Familiarity establishing player personas and their journey through experience maps
- Experience in related fields such as 3D modelling, VFX, animation, game design or production
- Knowledge of visual marketing principles such as branding, iconography or typography
- Understanding of scripting languages such as Python, Lua or Ruby