Job ID: #17422
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are currently looking for a multi-talented UI Programmer to implement rich, interactive user interfaces, menus and heads-up displays for our upcoming high-quality projects with Unreal Engine.
They offer a powerful and robust code base together with the opportunity to work with the most exciting cutting-edge hardware and development kits available today.
• Implement UI related functionality: in-game menus, start screens, interactive and animated HUD elements, leaderboards and more
• Working closely with Creative Directors, Game Designers and UI Artists, make sure interfaces are matching the established game style, ensure high standards of ergonomics and user-friendliness for our interfaces with clean, maintainable and scalable code
• Make the player experience as comfortable and intuitive as possible, and work with other stakeholders to react to feedback from QA, designers, focus-test groups and usability studies
• Work on game responsiveness optimization and the minimization of delays of any kind
• BSc in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent industry experience
• Shipped at least 1 PC / Console title from conception to completion
• Solid understanding of UMG workflow, including console platform flow
• C++ knowledge and the ability to implement engine-side UI functionality/external calls
• Knowledge of the modern games UI design approaches, including console titles
• Familiarity with standard art tools like Photoshop and Illustrator
• Self-sufficient starter mentality and ownership of the UI features
• Creative and flexible mindset to improve processes and to overcome constraints
• Working English and team oriented skills
Not required, but a huge plus:
• Scaleform knowledge: basic scripting, calls to external targets, etc.
• Ability to draft UX flows and implement 2D Art for interfaces
• C#, Lua or any other industry standard scripting languages
• Experience with interface design in a general sense, being able to provide input on controller layout, modality issues, accordance between input and actions on screen
• Understanding of a screen layout, screen readability, screen estate, a good feel for typography and iconography
• Good knowledge of the color theory and graphic design principles
• Knowledge of TRC and XR requirements
• Experience with Openworld-games
As well as an excellent salary they offer:
• Flexible working hours
• 28 days of holiday
• Competitive salary
• Green office
• Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
– After checking your CV and application we would like to do a Skype-interview followed by a test-task.
Categories: Programming , Technical
Do you have a passion for promoting unique, artistic and creative titles made separate from big studios? If so, then…
If you have a passion for games, know multiple languages and want to help bring games to wider audience, then…
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom