Our client is looking for a talented Senior UI Artist to join their team based in Wilmslow on a full time, permanent basis.
You will have the opportunity to work within a highly successful and creative team producing high quality in console quality video games.
They are looking for self-motivated applicants, who are responsive to direction and working to a brief. The ability to plan and schedule your time, and the confidence to deliver to a deadline is essential
- Responsible for creating game UI compliant with the game design, both technically and aesthetically
- Designing, creating and exporting 2D textures/icons using packages provided (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Creating, animating and exporting working interface files for use in game (Blend)
- Where necessary, creating 3D assets using packages provided (Maya)
- Designing with and exporting fonts for use in game, for multiple languages
- Where necessary, liaising with environment artists to create bespoke in-game textures, such as shop logos or posters
- Occasionally required to be involved in additional company-based commissions, for both internal and external use, e.g. promotional material such as posters or in house T-Shirts.
- Where necessary, liaising with Publishing to ensuring that any bespoke artwork (such as logos and posters) or in-game fonts have been checked for legal clearance and licencing
- Ensuring any texture assets created are future proofed for higher res platform.
- Understand that you may be required to simultaneously work on multiple projects on multiple platforms
- Understanding that changes and amendments are part of the pipeline
- Constructively feedback any concerns of UI design
- Work with Art Leads and other Artists to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of interface designs
- Contributing original ideas towards all aspects of the UI design.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies
- Provide coaching to Artists and Junior Artists where appropriate and with direction from Lead UI Artist
- Work with the Lead UI Artist to ensure adequate staffing levels to cover for absence and throughout crunch period
- Be prepared to assist the UI team with their work and ensure they have all relevant information they need.
- Be prepared to cover UI work on peripheral projects (such as IOS) if required
- Assist the Lead UI Artist in reviews of artwork created and chase up any relevant changes.
- Assist the Lead UI Artist in monitoring JIRA making sure tasks and bugs are assigned out to the relevant people
- Support the Lead UI Artist with human resources issues such as sickness and timekeeping in line with company policies and in liaison with the Human Resources team
- Communicate art direction from the Lead UI Artist when required to the UI team.
- In assistance with the Lead UI Artist, carry out local inductions and probationary reviews for all new starters to ensure competence in the full range of tasks they are required to undertake
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Good demonstration of skills through CV/Showreel/Website or Art Tests
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Blend and Maya
- Good understanding of in-house tools and software used in development
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving
- Excellent artistic ability
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines