Our client is currently building a team in London to lead development on a new and highly ambitious MMORPG. They are looking to grow a relatively small, tight-knit team, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools.
Our client is looking for a Senior UI Artist to join this growing team, responsible for developing and implementing the projects user interfaces. You should demonstrate a real creative flair and knowledge of core graphic design principles, branding and iconography, and visual language.
- Collaborate with the Art and UX Design Leads to help define the visual design language and benchmark standards for the games UI.
- Collaborate with the Production team and Art Leads to develop the projects UI production schedule.
- Work closely with the UX design team to define and implement the games user flows from initial wireframes and prototypes to final in game assets.
- Work with Tech Artists and Programming team to help define and implement UI workflows and pipelines.
- Ensure all assets are delivered against agreed technical specifications and quality bars and are present and functioning in the game engine as intended.
- Ensure all assets meet the games visual style.
- Extensive experience in AAA game development and at least 1 commercially released title in a senior role.
- Strong communication skills as you will be working with key stakeholders to solve problems as well as keeping the production team up to date with progress and any issues that may arise throughout production.
- Strong core skills in graphic design, branding and iconography, typography, colour theory and composition.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard 2D software, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard pipelines and workflows from initial asset creation to implementation within game engine.
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4 Widget Blueprints and Unreal Motion Graphics.
- A passion for AAA video games, ideally MMOs, MOBAs and aRPGs.
- Experience managing and mentoring other artists.
- Ability to push quality while maintaining technical performance.
- Knowledge of industry standard 3D software, 3DS Max or Maya, Coherent GT would be beneficial.
- Experience working with the UE4 blueprints system and common UE4 middleware and Tools.