Job ID: #9328
Based in the North West of the UK, our client consistently produces BAFTA award winning AAA game titles, selling well over 180 million copies to date across all the major formats. But underpinning the success of this company is their cutting-edge and propriety in-house game engine that's constantly evolving to meet the ever increasing demands and challenges of the next generation of consoles.
They are seeking to recruit an Senior Tools Programmer on a permanent contract based at their studio in near Manchester.
• Maintain and develop software for other departments.
• Develop automatic test suites for checking the quality of released tool chains.
• Develop release and distribution mechanisms allowing Art and Design Leads the control they want for handling the distribution of new tools technology.
• Assist with general game system code and server tool support.
• Minimise platform specific or special case code.
• Maximise re-use of code.
• Ensure that code is designed and written to be robust and stable with minimal bugs
• Make sure that code builds and any problems are resolved prior to committing.
• Contributing to the ongoing development of tools-related technologies.
• Identify poorly coded / implemented systems and restructure existing code to make it more efficient.
• Debugging difficult problems.
• Support Lead Programmer in supplying cover where required.
• Assume responsibility for systems and be able to resolve problems when required.
• Identify deficiencies across systems maintained by the team.
• Assist Lead Programmer in designing architecture.
• Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
• Provide coaching to Senior Programmers, Programmers and Junior Programmers where appropriate and with direction from the Lead Programmer.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Maths or related subject.
• Fluent in C++ and object-oriented programming.
• Knowledge of C#/WPF.
• Sound knowledge of 3D maths.
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
• Ability to think creatively to solve coding problems.
• Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Categories: Programming , Technical
We’re delighted to support Safe In Our World and help bring awareness to the effects and signs of stress and…
For anyone who has a love of gaming, being a video game tester could be your dream job. However, being…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom