Job ID: #1678
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is recruiting for a Senior Tools Programmer to reinforce its Tools & Tech division. Their tools team develops standalone tools (mostly written in C++, sometimes in C# or Python), as well as their own editor integrated with the game or Maya. It is also responsible for the asset pipeline, ensuring a smooth flow from the hands of the developers, through various build servers and optimization steps and into the final game.
As a tools programmer, you will help streamline the entire game creation process taking input from all disciplines. You’ll work together with designers, artists and other programmers to analyse their workflow, identify areas for improvement, and implement tools and processes to increase their productivity and creative freedom.
You’ll be shaping the future of the game editor and turning complicated graphics algorithms into elegant one click solutions. You’ll develop new tools and improve existing ones, keeping a strong focus on the user interface and the underlying workflow process.
• Experienced C++ or C# programmer with a keen interest in GUI development
• You like working closely with the users of your tools, trying to figure out what it is that they really need
• Have previous tool development experience, preferably in the games industry
• You're comfortable working with a very large existing code-base and tool set;
• Enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic development environment.
• Possess knowledge of 3D and graphics-related algorithms
• You have experience with Maya or other DCC tools, Python scripting or Perforce
• Previous experience with client-server programming and distributed processes
• You have past experience programming GUI applications
• You have past experience with large, scalable systems and high performance computing
Categories: Programming , Technical
A Unity Developer brings their software expertise to tasks involving the Unity engine. The Unity engine is a run-time environment…
Now that the United Kingdom has left the European Union, it’s important to know what this means for UK companies…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom