Job ID: #22815
Our client, an Amsterdam-based games company is looking for a Senior Technical Game Designer to join its Design team.
Acting as the bridge between high-level design goals and specific solutions, TDGs participate – in collaboration with other specialists – in both the direct implementation of gameplay, and the translation of more complex requirements into technical specifications.
As a design generalist with a strong technical grounding, this role demands the willingness to take on a broad variety of challenges, an ability to quickly switch focus between tasks, and the capacity to maintain good lines of communication, discussing complex issues at differing levels of abstraction.
• Prototype Concepts:
• Create Documentation:
• Implement Systems:
• Enable Progress:
• Mentor Colleagues:
• Extensive technical or game design experience
• Shipped titles as Technical Game Designer (or equivalent role)
• Strong grasp of text-based scripting (C# or equivalent language)
• Ability to decompose design goals into succinct implementation requirements
• Ability to operate autonomously in a dynamic environment
• Willingness to learn new technical skills and techniques
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field
• Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games
• Familiarity with scripting in a multiplayer environment
• Experience in related fields / disciplines (e.g. world design, UI, QA, animation, programming)
• Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools
• Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools
• Strong background in mathematics
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
Categories: Creative , Design
Are you interested in becoming a game programmer? Programmers are the people who create the code that brings games to…
If you’re looking for entry level game design jobs, experience and qualifications are key. But if you’re fresh out of…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom