This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM have partnered with an industry leading developer, setting the world alight with their popular online game enjoyed my millions around the world! An Amsterdam-based company, they are seeking a Senior Technical Game Designer to join their new team.
As a Senior Technical Game Designer, will be acting as the bridge between high-level design goals and specific solutions, TDGs participate – in collaboration with other specialists – in both the direct implementation of gameplay, and the translation of more complex requirements into technical specifications.
- Solid experience in technical or game design having shipped multiple shipped titles as in a similar role
- Strong understanding of text-based scripting using C# or an equivalent language
- Able to decompose design goals into succinct implementation requirements
- Able to operate autonomously in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to learn new technical skills and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
Prototype Concepts –
- Take part in the generation of design ideas;
- Drive the development of rapid prototypes;
- Elicit and provide constructive feedback.
Create Documentation –
- Translate abstract design requirements into succinct technical specifications;
- Assess risks as they relate to design requirements / constraints in cooperation with Production specialists;
- Cooperate with QA to produce robust test cases.
Implement Systems –
- Implement (and maintain) robust and elegant gameplay systems;
- Adhere (and contribute) to robust design standards;
- Elicit, offer, prioritise, and integrate feedback.
Enable Progress –
- Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritisation of tasks.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues.
Mentor Colleagues –
- Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues.
- Facilitate the continued professional growth of fellow team members.
- As a design generalist with a strong technical grounding, this role demands the willingness to take on a broad variety of challenges, an ability to quickly switch focus between tasks, and the capacity to maintain good lines of communication, discussing complex issues at differing levels of abstraction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification in a related field
- Experience developing large-scale, open-world or sandbox games
- Familiarity with scripting in a multiplayer environment
- Experience in related disciplines such as: world design, UI, QA, animation & programming.
- Experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools
- Good knowledge of User Generated Content
- Knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools
- Strong background in mathematics
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!