Job type: Permanent
Project: Mobile & PC Games
OPM’s client is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Technical Artist to join their passionate team
The successful candidate will design and build engaging experiences that are enjoyed by their players all over the world.
- An Artist-first mindset with solid engineering skills. Whilst you’re very technically inclined, you have developed an artistic eye.
- Expert knowledge of content creation software, especially Maya, Blender, Houdini, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop.
- Expertise programming in languages such as Python & C#
- Experience developing for mobile and an excellent understanding of the performance characteristics of mobile hardware, Unity, scalability, performance profiling techniques and optimization (CPU / GPU / Shaders / Models).
- Advanced knowledge of building, implementing and improving art tools in Unity.
- A superb understanding of the technical aspects of game art creation.
- The capability to lead the creation of high-quality game art efficiently.
- Proven expertise of working with art teams and leads to deliver the game to the artistic vision.
- Excellent multitasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills.
- Sound experience as a Technical Artist and have shipped multiple titles on mobile or handheld.
- Collaborating with artists and programmers to ensure assets can be efficiently integrated into our games.
- Maintaining and developing the efficiency of our workflow, content pipelines, and tools for the art team. Identifying and developing new systems and tools when beneficial.
- Evaluating, sourcing and developing the most efficient asset system or process that considers whether developing, co-developing or an off the shelf solution is best.
- Maintaining and sharing knowledge of cutting edge industry trends and technology in content tools, process, pipelines, and related hardware / software.
- Analysing and adjusting the framework for art asset creation that balances performance, efficiency and artistry, to achieve optimal run time visual quality and game performance.
- Analysing art asset performance efficiency and in game usage to ensure excellent game performance by collaborating with engineers, artists and designers.
- Managing and Mentoring the technical art team.
- Task management for the art team and autonomously finding solutions.
- Proven experience in content creation risk management.
- ‘AAA’ knowledge in one field of technical art.
- Technical animation experience.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!