Location: North West, UK
Job Type: Permanent
Projects: AAA Console Games
Based in the North West of the UK, our client consistently produces BAFTA award winning AAA game titles, selling well over 180 million copies to date across all the major formats. But underpinning the success of this company is their cutting-edge and propriety in-house game engine that’s constantly evolving to meet the ever-increasing demands and challenges of the next generation of consoles.
They are now seeking a talented and enthusiastic Senior Technical Artist to join their growing team.
- Support the Lead in attaining a high standard of work, both technically and creatively.
- Support the team in ensuring project tasks are organised and managed effectively.
- Provide coaching to the team where appropriate and with direction from the Lead.
- To assist Lead when directed in tackling conceptual ideas and helping to define new standards in visuals, tools and pipeline.
- Ensure a high benchmark is set and retained for artistic results, delivery of milestones, encouraging effective communication and a professional attitude towards Lead directives
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work adheres to specific design style/direction and game engine requirements.
- Setup of models to adhere to game engine physics requirements including vehicles.
- The setup and implementation of models and vehicles for use in game and cinematic sequences.
- The setup and implementation of new elements.
- Optimisation of models and vehicles to work across multiple platforms
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Excellent working knowledge and proficiency in Autodesk Maya & Adobe Photoshop.
- Technically aware of the requirements of rigging.
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach and ability to work under pressure towards strict deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of relevant in-house tools and software used in development.
- English verbal and written skills are required to fulfil the requirements of the job.
- Solid understanding of game production and overall pipeline methodology.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- An Interest in pipeline and process.