This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are an Amsterdam based studio who are world famous for creating critically acclaimed RPGs.
They are currently seeking a Senior Technical Artist to contribute to the artistic vision and development of the highly anticipated AAA games.
- Create the artistic look of the material expressions in their game world
- Help develop tools and pipelines and workflows used by both internal and external artists to create and apply materials
- Design photorealistic materials using your expertise of the physics behind light and colour, through a combination of photography, texture generation, code and node-based shading tools
- Produce and maintain an internal PBR material library and assist with maintaining technical and quality standards
- Create material and shading pipelines, workflows, and tools that are future-proof and industry-leading while keeping current console hardware requirements in mind
- Work alongside production artists on creating materials for in-game use, and work with the Art Directors, Asset Artists and Environment Artists to achieve a consistent, high-quality style while staying within the performance and memory requirements of the project
- Design organized material workflows between Substance Designer, Painter and in-house material tooling
- Mentor other artists in shading techniques, and work with the studio’s Engine Programmers to identify and develop new techniques
- Assess scope estimates to ensure material assets are in line with project schedules
- Experience on a minimum of one shipped AAA game title or have worked in equivalent industry
- Experience writing shaders with HLSL, GLSL or equivalent
- Strong linear algebra skills
- Deep understanding of cutting-edge shader techniques
- Great knowledge of PBR materials and workflows
- Familiarity with node-based shader creation tools such as Maya, XSI or Unreal
- Great knowledge of game development with a focus on materials
- Strong understanding of the architecture of modern GPU's, memory and performance constraints, and know how to optimize shaders while maintaining high quality
- Excellent communication skills and a good command of the English language
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!