Project: AAA Console/PC Games
OPM's client has a rich history in games with multiple studios across the globe.
They’re looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist to join their team in creating a new AAA open world Game.
The successful candidate you will work closely with the Technical and Art Leads as a bridge to develop solutions and tools that assist both departments. You will be heavily involved in developing the art pipeline as well as researching, documenting, and implementing solutions to maintain performance and increase the efficiency of the project.
- Experience working in a similar role, with at least one shipped title.
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of real-time rendering techniques and PBR material workflows.
- Expert understanding of various industry-standard DCC software packages, including 3Ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Suite, etc.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and driving performance goals and optimizations for open-world development on consoles and PCs.
- A strong understanding of Technical Art in a pre-production environment.
- Experience with Live Games & large art datasets.
- Strong communication skills and drive to deliver consistently on time, acting as a bridge and balancing the needs between Game Design, Art, and Programming.
- Ability to create and maintain detailed documentation for various tools and workflows.
- Working knowledge of 3d/vector math.
- Production experience with UE4 in a wide variety of areas.
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence.
- High levels of aesthetic attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of a scripting language (Python, C++, MaxScript, MEL, etc.).
- Experience working with procedural pipeline (Houdini) techniques.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and ability to investigate other options and ideas
- Refine pipelines with tools and scripts to improve efficiency.
- Act as a liaison between the Art and Programming departments.
- Work closely with development/project teams to ensure efficient art pipelines and optimized games.
- Research and develop features and assist in evaluating the risk/reward of new features.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve visual quality.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!