This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC/Console Games
OPM’s client are an UK based studio who are create a diverse range of games across multiple platforms.
They are currently seeking a Senior Technical Artist that is capable of filling a wide variety of roles related to technical Art.
- Oversee the technical pipelines for all art areas across the studio; from initial specifications, through to final in-game implementation and continued future support
- Discover and create methods to improve art pipelines and visual quality
- Profile and execute solutions for improving performance and optimization of art assets without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of minimum specification mobile devices
- Recognise new technologies and techniques that will improve the game
- Produce detailed, easy to read documentation of toolsets and workflows that the team can rely on
- Develop and maintain art asset pipelines
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instil best practices
- Monitor the implementation of new techniques
- Assist the Art, Engineering and Design Teams, helping to resolve technical difficulties
- Willing and able to take on responsibilities outside of core specialism in line with the needs of the studio requirements
- Strong experience as a Technical Artist or related art role, working on a minimum of one AAA title
- Display creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development
- Experience with visual FX, lighting, materials, and post effects
- Understanding and knowledge in Maya and Substance Designer and Painter Experience with HLSL shader creation and PBR material workflow
- In-depth knowledge of Unity, Unreal Tech, this includes applications such as Material creation and BluePrint
- In-depth application scripting experience (e.g. Python, C#), especially for DCC applications (Maya is preferred)
- Outstanding time management and communication skills and the ability to handle large workloads efficiently
- Familiarity working in an Agile workflow
- Flexible working hours
- Private health care for you and your family
- Christmas bonus
- Personal development plan
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!