Project: AAA Console/PC Games
OPM’s client are currently seeking an experienced Senior Technical Artist to be responsible for research and offering technical support to team members.
- Work primarily in the game editor with the Engine, Tools and Pipeline teams to prioritize and develop tools/scripts/plugins to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines
- Troubleshoot and triage artist issues with tools and art creation workflow
- Test new techniques to facilitate more efficient content production
- Seek to maximize art production performance and predictability
- Produce complex materials for characters, weapons and environments
- Create workflows and tools for other artists to utilize when making unique assets
- Solving problems in pipeline and for individuals on as-needed basis.
- Seek to establish standards, conventions and best practices for asset creation and integration workflow
- Make sure that assets are being properly integrated. Manage resolution when problems arise
- Help with the management and integration of art and animation assets and ensure are optimal for performance and memory
- Maintain filename and folder structure for editor and raw art assets
- Work with tools engineer on procedural data asset validation (budgets, lods, pivots, naming, etc)
- Function as the bridge from rendering engineer to art team with the goal of optimizing assets to achieve 60fps on various platforms
- Manage master materials for all art assets
- Aid art team with DDC (Maya/Max/Blender) tools
- Explore new techniques (e.g. volumetric fog) with rendering engineers
- Assess art assets from construction quality standpoint (UV unwrap, texel density, poly layout/density)
- Extensive experience as a Technical Artist.
- Excellent teamwork abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and visually
- Expertise with standard industry tools like Maya, 3ds Max
- Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines
- Great understanding of PBR principles and material editors
- Background modelling and using texturing packages such as Substance Designer and Painter
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes
- Able to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Great troubleshooting skills
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- Experience with Unreal Engine and/or Houdini
- In-depth knowledge of MEL/Python/Maxscript or similar systems
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!