This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Multiplatform Games
OPM’s client are an award winning, world class cross-platform game studio based in the UK.
The successful candidate will collaborate with a team to find technical solutions to fulfil the artistic vision of their projects.
- Work closely with the team on technical solutions to deliver the art vision and drive the visual fidelity of the game
- Help identify and meet in-game asset budgets and optimise levels, meshes, materials, lighting, post-processes and VFX
- Use understanding and experience to recognise & solve problems before they affect the development team
- Liaise effectively between art and code, providing guidelines, best practices, and documentation for workflows etc.
- Strong experience with work on multiple shipped titles
- Proficiency with coding and documenting user-facing tools for art creation and workflow (Excellent UI and error handling)
- Proficiency in C++ or C#
- Background developing pipelines for proprietary engines across multiple shipped titles
- Well versed in balancing aesthetic needs and optimisation and able to foresee conflicts in advance
- Strong proficiency in working "under the hood" with digital art content creation tools such as Maya, 3DS Max Photoshop, Substance, etc.
- Knowledge of rigging, shaders, and VFX
- Knowledge of artistic principles (scale/proportion, lighting, composition)
- Outstanding complex problem-solving and communication skills across both artistic and technical disciplines
- Familiarity with Git (or other version control systems)
- Strong working knowledge of UE4 or Unity
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!