Job ID: #25544
OPM’s client are currently seeking a talented and experienced Senior Technical Artist with a focus on Houdini and proceduralism. Working alongside the Art, Design, and other programming teams, you will be involved in the content creation for their upcoming AAA Games.
· Create tools, assets, and pipelines in Houdini that integrate well with Unreal Engine for the next generation game platforms.
· Work daily with production, art and design teams to design, create, and implement production ready world building solutions within Houdini for export to Unreal Engine .
· Work with design and art to find areas for improvement and help prototype or implement solutions.
· Explore novel ways to populate and annotate game levels, allowing artists and designers to have a wider positive impact on the look and design without sacrificing creative control over their craft.
· Create new or modify existing world building methods to help speed up the iteration times of the Design and Art teams.
· Work to improve the tools artists use outside of the game engine, such as Substance Designer/Painter, 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush, etc.
· Assist programmers and designers in researching and developing new game features.
· Help standardize the workflow and pipelines for asset creation.
· Drive and maintain performance goals and optimizations in tool development.
· Proven experience developing tools and assets in Houdini for the game industry with one shipped title.
· Strong experience developing stable and useful tools for asset development support, with two shipped titles ideally.
· Thorough knowledge of Houdini asset and SOP-based tool development (including VEX and Python) for games, and Houdini Engine.
· Strong understanding of the performance implications of open world development on consoles and PCs.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively balance the needs of game design, art and programming.
· A web portfolio that demonstrates usable game development and Houdini tools.
· Samples, demonstrations, or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome development challenges.
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
· Be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages (MAXScript, MEL script, Python, etc.)
· Experience with shading language (HLSL/CG/etc.)
· Experience using 3ds Max, Maya, and Substance Designer or Painter.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!
Categories: Art , Creative
Every year, millions of people around the world observe May as Mental Health Awareness Month. During this time, people help…
OPMjobs has partnered with Into Games to showcase 50 talented individuals looking to make a name for themselves in the…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom