This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Technical Artist to join their studio.
The successful candidate will begin work on ambitious AAA games for PC and next generation consoles.
- Assisting the Art team to create fantastic AAA visuals
- Troubleshoot problems and find appropriate solutions
- Continuously adapt and learn new technologies and processes to face production constraints
- Implement technical art features and visual effects with the help of the programming team
- Design tools to assist the artists in their day to day tasks
- Offer constant technical support for tools and the engine to all the team members
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and other Leads into the project
- Aid in establishing best practices, production pipelines and workflows for the Art Department
- Work closely with the Level Designers to enhance the gameplay experience
- Optimise work and maintain balance between quality and performance
- Offer mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team
- Draft documents on tools, methods, processes and engine constraints for future reference
- Assist the Lead Artist and Art Director in any ad hoc tasks and duties
- Strong experience in the gaming industry
- In-depth knowledge of 2D & 3D computer graphics software, game engines and platforms
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of video game development processes and techniques
- Great understanding of rendering budgets and other technical issues related to performance in real-time engines
- Experience collaborating with graphic programmers
- Understanding of at least one programming language such as Python
- Strong organizational and communication skills (English)
- Mentoring skills to assist other TA’s in the studio
- Outstanding problem solving skills, both creative and technical
- UE4 game engine and production pipelines experience
- Experience of VFX, Lighting or Shader development
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!