Project: Mobile Games
OPM’s latest client is a fast-growing start-up, led by leaders with proven success in mobile games, located in beautiful Barcelona. They have recently partnered with a top publisher endeavouring to create the next generation of hit mobile games.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Technical Artist with excellent knowledge of 3D Content Pipelines ready to be part of a growing technical art team.
- Extensive experience as Technical Artist in 3D content pipelines within the games industry
- Strong experience working on mobile games for Android and/or iOS
- Excellent professional experience with Unity and as tools programmer
- Experience with shader development in game engines
- Ability to work with and produce technical documentation
- Proficient in Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc
- Good artistic skills including proportion, colour, composition
- Passion about gaming and broad knowledge of different game genres
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a good team player
- Strong ability to think creatively to conquer technical challenges.
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to produce and implement 3D art and technical solutions.
- Assist artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and toolchains.
- Provide support to artists and engineers regarding asset performance and validation.
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool enhancements and automatizations.
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and workflows with an eye on usability and efficiency.
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline.
- Cooperate with engineers and testers to identify and resolve in-game problems.
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimise their assets and processes.
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology, workflows, and best practices.
- Experienced developing custom tools for DCC software such as Maya or other similar software
- Understanding of high-level coding languages such as Python, MaxScript, Perl, C#, etc.
- Experience creating assets such as high/low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level building
- Professional experience with diverse game editors and engines
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!