Job ID: #23996
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console & PC Video Games
Our client is an established worldwide publisher and developer of interactive entertainment. Their portfolio includes Action Games, RPG, FPS and Simulators. They’ve recently opened a brand new studio in Barcelona working on their latest RPG title set for release on Consoles and PC. Games are their passion and as their Technical Animator you’ll share in this enthusiasm and ethos to make amazing experiences for the player.
The successful candidate will work with internal and external animation and character creation teams; and help define the processes, tools and UE4 technologies required to create compelling characters for a game in the next generation of consoles for a highly anticipated game.
• Correct rigs, modularity (weapons, attachments), cloth physics, hair physics, etc.
• Open and collaborative attitude towards all team members and outsourcing teams
• Problem-solving mindset
• Knowledgeable of Unreal Engine 4 character creation and animation pipelines
• Solid knowledge of technologies and animation trends in modern gaming
• Embrace cooperation with outsourcing partners for animation, characters and rigs
• Work on exporters or tools from Motionbuilder or Maya desirable
· Create high fidelity animation Rigs for in-game characters; humans, creatures, monsters, bosses
· Be involved in researching latest technical breakthroughs related to animations and motions within Unreal Engine 4
· Define workflows and pipelines in consultation with animation, art and technical leads, to secure an efficient flow from all departments involved in in-game characters
· Help define and establish agreed technical constraints together with the Tech Lead for internal and outsourcing teams
· Work closely with the animation lead to facilitate the creation of pipelines for animation
· Supervise internal and external animation deliveries to meet technical requirements for animation
· Work closely with internal and external teams to secure deliverables of properly rigged characters, and associated technical animation requirements
· Overview and support outsourcing studios on character rigs to ensure they follow the established pipeline
· Perform rig fixes and troubleshooting during production, and overseeing the skinning of a wide variety of characters
· Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues to maintain high standards of quality
· Help ensure that art and animation quality remain uncompromised by limitations of technical processes
· Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritisation of tasks
· AAA open-world game development experience
· Working knowledge of project management software
· Bonus for being able to create tools to facilitate animators’ work
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!
Categories: Animation , Creative
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, we are running a Rocket League tournament to help raise money for this…
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, we have set up a digital raffle to help raise money for this…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom