Project: AAA Action RPG Games
Note: A VISA can be sponsored for highly experienced candidates
My client voted best place to work in the UK 2017, is a developer of AAA standard video games, partnered to the biggest brands in global entertainment! Work has begun on 2 new AAA budget titles and we’re looking for a Senior Technical Animator with a track record in console games to come onboard.
You will be focused on maintaining pipelines, workflows, tools and creating character rigs. Your primary responsibility is creating and integrating character rigs into the game engine for runtime use.
- An exceptional rigging and technical animation demo reel demonstrating outstanding competency and technical ability.
- Production experience as a Technical Animator or Character TD / Rigger at the cutting edge of the games industry
- Expert level of competency with Maya, Python and/or C#
- Strong understanding of rigging and animation content creation processes and its technical constraints.
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining animation content workflows.
- Strong understanding of animation workflows and animator preferences.
- Prior experience of motion capture pipelines and data management.
- Advanced skills in games development software such as Maya & games engines (ideally to include UE4).
- Knowledge of HumanIK and Ikinema a distinct advantage.
- Experience with blend shape creation and dynamic cloth solutions and workflows desirable.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Must be able to quickly identify issues and proactively resolve them.
- Must have a proactive and self-starting approach to your work.
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to communicate complex ideas in simple terms.
- Create and maintain the technical pipeline and workflow for advanced character and creature rigs.
- Work cross departments to develop state of the art solutions for their animation requirements.
- Enforce coding standards and best practice principals for your area of specialism.
- Support the tools and technologies required for industry leading animation.
- Participate in and support performance motion capture sessions when required.
- Provide and maintain end-user documentation for rigging, modelling and animation teams.
- Provide innovative creative and technical problem solving for efficient animation.
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and develop training programs for rigging team when required.
BENEFITS & PERKS INCLUDE:
- Team Bonuses.
- Generous Holiday Allowance.
- Medical Insurances.
- Award Winning Pension Scheme.
- A Highly Competitive Salary.
- VISA Support and Relocation.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!
Salary and benefits will be discussed at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.