This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console Video Games
This developer has set the world alight with their popular online game enjoyed my millions around the world! They are now working on a new special project where you’ll be bringing life and emotions to the game by interpreting and realising creative goals through high quality animation and lead the charge for the next generation of motion in video games.
The successful candidate will help define the processes and tools that improve the quality of their characters. You will work closely with in a cross-discipline team, acting as the bridge to ensure seamless integration of tech and art in engine.
- Extensive experience having shipped a AAA title in a related senior position.
- Knowledgeable of modern game development engines.
- Technical keyframe and motion capture animation experience.
- Strong skills with C# and Python
- Solid knowledge of popular games and art in modern gaming.
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends in art production methodologies and tools.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- ????Work closely with Research, Engineers, Artists and director to come up with innovative animations tools.
- Create high fidelity animation Rigs for high fidelity in-game characters.
- Work with procedural systems for animation rigs and animations.
- Perform rig fixes and troubleshooting during production.
- Supervise animators to meet technical requirements for animation.
- Overseeing the skinning of a wide variety of characters using existing tools and drive the development of new tools to aid and improve runtime deformations.
- Help ensure that art and animation quality remain uncompromised by limitations of technical processes.
- Define workflows and pipelines in consultation with your colleagues and develop and improve in-house tools as needed while remaining aware of the impact of your decisions on other disciplines.
- Be involved in researching latest technical breakthroughs related to animations and motions.
- Work with researches to implement new techniques for procedural animation systems.
- Help define and police pre-agreed technical constraints of the world together with the Tech Lead.
- Help define workflows for world environment effects in collaboration with Technical Artists.
- Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritisation of tasks.
- Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues to maintain high standards of quality.
- Facilitate the continued professional growth of fellow team members.
- AAA open-world game development experience.
- Skilled with Houdini.
- Exposure to cooperating with outsourcing partners.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools.
- Highly Competitive Salary.
- Full Relocation Support
Interested in finding out more about the studio, project and benefits of working at this studio? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!